University Dance Company
Choreographers examine the notion of “Insider/Outsider” in modern/contemporary, hip hop and ballet works exploring the complexities of how the binary (exclusion and inclusion) is constructed and the ways it shapes our lives. The Department’s Choreographic Fellow Gabrielle Lamb presents her work "Tessellations," a contemporary dance set to playful, Parisian cafe music. A Guggenheim Fellow (2020) and Princess Grace Award winner (2014), Lamb is a New York City-based choreographer and founder of Pigeonwing Dance. Faculty choreographers will also present original works.
Performance Dates: March 25, 26, 27, 2022
- Auditions for Faculty Choreographers have concluded - Cast List
- Saturday, February 5, 2022, 12 p.m. - Auditions for Gabrielle Lamb
- All auditions held in 242 Robinson
- Ashley Brittingham: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Tristian Griffin: Mondays 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. & Saturdays, 6 - 8 p.m.
- Gabrielle Lamb: Mondays - Fridays, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. & 3 hours on Saturdays & Sundays, times to be decided based on cast availability
- Webster McDonald: Wednesdays, 5:15 - 7:15 p.m. & Fridays, 4 - 6 p.m.
- Maya Tillman-Rayton: Tuesdays, 6 - 8 p.m. & Fridays, 1 - 3:30 p.m.
- Rehearsals begin January 18. Technical/Dress Rehearsals begin March 10.
Audition sign-up (via acceptd) - You will need to create a free profile on acceptd if you do not already have one. Choose "Spring 2022 UDC Auditions" from the drop-down menu and follow all the prompts to register. Visit Auditions FAQ for important information on how to prepare for your audition.
University Dance Company Auditions are open to all students of every major. We welcome and encourage students of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexualities, and abilities to audition. Students must be enrolled in a dance technique class in order to be a member of the UDC.