University Dance Company Auditions are open to all students of every major. We welcome and encourage students of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexualities, and abilities to audition. Students must be enrolled in a dance technique class in order to be a member of the UDC.
University Dance Company
The choreographers making work for The University Dance Company’s Fall 2021 show, Bodies of Text, explore the fascinating, fun, and complex ways that bodies and texts align, collide, and work together. In addition to our faculty choreographers: Ashley Brittingham, Maya Tillman-Rayton, and Waeli Wang, we’re thrilled to present work by KC-based choreographer Tristian Griffin.
Performance Dates: November 18 & 19 at 7:30 p.m., November 20 at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug 26, 5:30 p.m. - Auditions for Ashley Brittingham, Maya Tillman-Rayton, & Waeli Wang
- Thursday, Sept 2, 5:30 p.m. - Auditions for Tristian Griffin, Guest Artist (Tristian will choreograph a 30-minute dance, 12 Dancers minimum)
- All auditions held in 242 Robinson
- Ashley Brittingham: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Tristian Griffin: Saturdays & Sundays, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Maya Tillman-Rayton: Fridays, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. & Sundays, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Waeli Wang: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Rehearsals begin August 31. Technical/Dress Rehearsals begin November 11.
Information about how to register for UDC Auditions will be posted when available. Visit Auditions FAQ for important information on how to prepare for your audition.
Head Over Heels (Counts for UDC credit)
Head Over Heels is a laugh-out-loud love story set to the music of the iconic 1980’s all-female rock band The Go-Go’s, including the hit songs, “We Got the Beat,” “Heaven is a Place on Earth” and “Mad About You.” Head Over Heels follows the escapades of a royal family on an outrageous journey to save their beloved kingdom from extinction—only to discover the key to their realm’s survival lies within each of their own hearts. Directed and choreographed by Nakeisha Daniel.
Performance Dates: October 23, 29 & 30 at 7:30 p.m., October 24 & 31 at 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 23 & Tuesday, August, 24, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Open Call Auditions, Crafton-Preyer Theatre
- Wednesday, August 25, 5:30 p.m. - Callbacks, location TBA
Rehearsal Schedule: Rehearsals Monday through Friday, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m. begining August 30. Technical/Dress Rehearsals begin October 14.
More information on how to register and prepare for auditions will be available by visiting Theatre Auditions.
Jayhawk Performance Lab
Jayhawk Performance Lab (JPL) is a student-produced performance series featuring work that is created and curated by students. They are currently looking for students to produce the Spring 2022 JPL festival and are hoping to have a combination of students from both Theatre and Dance. Visit JPL for more information.