BFA and Scholarship Audition Instructions
Procedures for BFA and Scholarship Audition Applicants
- Apply for admission to the University of Kansas. You must declare a major in dance on your KU application (degree code DANCE-BFA or FADANC-BA). You must be admitted to the University in order to be considered for any financial aid. Application forms, online application and general admissions information can be found at the KU Admissions Office.
- Complete the Dance Audition Application (Word docx).
- Write a letter outlining your dance background and expressing your professional aspirations.
- Mail your letter & a current resume to Jerel Hilding, Dance Scholarship Chair at the address listed below by February 23rd, 2018.
- Ask two people who are acquainted with you and your dance activities to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf, at least one of whom has taught you dance. The two people whom you have listed as references should send their letters directly to Jerel Hilding, Dance Scholarship Chair, at the address below.
- Attend the dance audition at 1 p.m. on the announced audition date in Studio 242 Robinson Center at the University of Kansas (1301 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045)
The audition will consist of a combined ballet, modern and jazz dance class. After the class, you will be asked to perform a 1 to 3 minute solo in the style of your choice (ballet, modern, jazz, ethnic, etc.). If your dance is accompanied by music please bring an MP3 player or CD cued to your dance.
For additional audition information call the Dance Office at 785-864-4264 or e-mail email@example.com.
Please return the dance audition application to:
Jerel Hilding, Dance Scholarship Chair
Department of Dance, Robinson Center
1301 Sunnyside Ave., Rm. 251
Lawrence, KS 66045-7601
For additional information:
Department of Dance